There are many reasons why both new and old gold trinkets lose their luster over time. The most common reason your gold jewelry loses its natural luster is known as regular use. The longer you wear them, the less shiny and shiny they will be. That’s not all, though. Many variables destroy the natural energy of gold, from gram to cosmetics and general chemicals. The perfumes and moisturizers you use on your skin can damage your skin.
You do not have to go to the jewelers every time your gold necklace or earrings start losing their luster. We are here to give you some simple and effective tips for cleaning your gold ornaments at home.
* Cleaning your gold jewelry with a toothbrush is one of the easiest and most effective ways to do this.
* Don’t be pessimistic! You can clean your ordinary gold necklaces, bracelets, earrings, bangles and other decorations with a simple soap and water solution. Cleaning your basic gold jewelry with soapy water removes accumulated dirt and oil over time. This is one of the fastest and easiest ways to restore the luster of your gold jewelry.
* So, how can you clean your ordinary gold ornaments using soap and water? Let us see.
* Start by half filling a basin with hot water. Mix with mild soap to make a solution. To make the solution, mix a mild detergent or a few drops of dishwashing solution in water.
* Dip your gold jewelry into the solution. Allow to soak for 15-20 minutes. After that, wash it off with cold water and spread it evenly on a nice, dry cloth or towel. Let it dry completely in the open air.
* Use a soft-bristled brush to remove dirt from knocks and cranes. However, do not rub the jewelry too hard. Remember to keep it safe and secure, especially in a jewelry box. This soap-water-brush method can be used to clean yellow, white and rose gold jewelry.
* Water should not be boiling or cold. You can use sodium-free Celtzer water or club soda instead of tap water.
* The dirt that has accumulated in your jewelry will be loosened by this carbonated liquid. You can also find a professional jewelry cleaning solution for your home.
“Cleaning your gold jewelry with gemstones, however, you should not follow this method for cleaning gemstone jewelry. Owning and wearing gold jewelry with jewelry is a great thrill. Even gemstones, like topaz and tourmaline, enhance the beauty of gold. Jewelry should never be submerged, even if you use a soapy water solution, “said Dishi Somani, director of Disease Designer Jewelery.
“Keeping it wet can cause water to accumulate in it, which may erode or fade over time. Instead, wash it off and clean it using a soft toothbrush, such as a baby toothbrush. Check your jewelry before washing to make sure it is loose. Let it dry completely before storing it. Check that the water is not too hot, especially if your jewelry contains fine gemstones like opal. “