- The 40’s demand that we invest more and more in our physical and mental health
- According to our experts, Zumba, Pilates and yoga are the best workout routines for women in their 40s.
- Protein, antioxidants, iron, calcium and omega-3 are essential and must be part of your nutrition
40 years of age is a big milestone for us. This is half the point of most life charts. It emphasizes the need to take good care of oneself, both mentally and physically, whether it is exercising or focusing on proper nutrition.
On International Women’s Day 2022, we contacted Radhika’s balanced body nutritionist and Pilates instructor Radhika Carl, who sheds light on the fitness, diet and lifestyle habits that women in their 40s need to incorporate for a better and more balanced lifestyle. Her tips on nutrition and diet will help you shape your fitness journey.
How can women in their 40s start their fitness journey?
There are 3 key points to start your fitness journey to make sure you stick to your routine:
1. Choose an exercise routine that you enjoy, such as dancing. Join the Zumba class. Enjoy some of the high intensity. Do High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT). If you want something with controlled mindfulness movement, start Pilates.
2. Work with an experienced fitness professional who will create a personalized program for you that will help you achieve your goals safely and effectively.
3. Set realistic goals. Short-term goals that you should achieve in 4-6 weeks and long-term goals that you should achieve in your 6-9 month program.
Which type of fitness regime is most suitable for women over 40 years of age?
Women over the age of 40 need to focus on both strength training and cardio to keep the body’s most important muscles, the heart, healthy, to maintain optimal bone density.
How can employees (women over 40) monitor their mental and physical well-being?
Mindful movement, such as Pilates and yoga, is the best way to stay mentally and physically fit. Pilates is a form of movement that requires a lot of attention and concentration and works to strengthen the whole body. Mat Pilates can be done by anyone anywhere and is an ideal way to work for mental and physical well-being.
What are the diet tips for women in their 40s?
1. Make sure every meal and breakfast has some protein – lean meats like fish and chicken, eggs, nuts, beans and lentils.
2. Add plenty of fresh and seasonal vegetables and fruits that provide antioxidants to keep skin, hair and nails healthy.
3. Keep the best amount of calcium to keep bones healthy – greens, chia seeds, dried figs and beans are the top sources.
4. Omega-3 must be added to food sources and supplements to keep a healthy heart. Mackerel, sardines, flaxseed and seaweed are excellent food sources.
5. Iron levels need to be maintained to keep energy levels right. Dried fruits, baked potatoes, beans and red meat are foods that should be included in the meal plan.