OK, I have some good news and some bad news.
The bad news is that we, the billion wealthiest world citizens, are creating serious global problems through our unsustainable consumption habits. We are killing our environment, ruining our economy and creating massive inequalities within our society. Our excessive consumption has also brought us a true epidemic of degenerative disease, crippling personal debt and a stubborn lack of life satisfaction even within our wonderfully affluent society.
Luckily there is some very good news as well: we can fix each and every one of these problems while simultaneously gaining massive personal benefits. Indeed, the One in a Billion project is all about saving the world by building for yourself a happy, healthy, wealthy and sustainable life – the true definition of a win-win situation.
Sound good? Take some time to browse through the resources available on this blog:
- Start here: A contents page of posts describing the action plan for sustainable living
- The collection of lifestyle calculators linked on the top left
- A wide range of information about the current state of our world (scroll down)
For those who are interested in understanding our sustainability crisis, how we got here and how we can get ourselves out, please take a look at the page series listed below:
- A summary of our global problems and the most viable solutions to these problems
- A detailed look at why our current unsustainable systems are guaranteed to collapse
- Three fundamental laws that will shape the future of our global civilization
- Some interesting views on economics from a One in a Billion perspective
- An example to illustrate the vital roles that individuals play in an exchange economy
- My dream for this project and how this dream might be realized
In addition, some PDF’s containing the first draft of the One in a Billion project can be downloaded here:
- A concise (illustrated) sustainable living manual: One in a billion (lite version)
- A comprehensive (all text) sustainable living manual and detailed analysis of the world we live in today: One in a billion (full version)
Finally, I do not claim any copyright on any of the written material on this blog. More about this (lack of) copyright policy can be read here.
So, happy reading and I really hope that you get some value from this blog.